Friday 3 March 2017

03/03/2017

Hey Everyone,

Apologies, I'm not really used to posting progress reports, especially on any kind of schedule; just a short one for today to let you all know that I've pretty much completed the animations for the player character insofar as they'll be needed for the alpha of the game; couple of things left to do like pained animations for when you get hit, finishing off the masturbation animation (fun thing to say right there) and other little additions to get it all at a bare-bones level  of completeness.

For the most part what I've been focusing on this month is the animations of the enemies you'll encounter; in the first alpha demo I plan to have 4-5 different enemies, depending on how much I get done and how quickly I'm able to put everything together.

The enemies will be as follows, bar any major changes:

1: Female Office Worker - This will be one of the weakest enemies in the game that doesn't qualify as just a nuisance enemy (more on that in a sec); having not quite escaped the gas, this poor Wolf office worker is dazed and ineffectual but can still pose a problem if Amber doesn't keep her guard up. Attacks with a swipe of claws, very zombie-like.

2: Male Subway Worker - Another ineffectual enemy, shambling the halls of his workplace in search of a warm body to vent his growing frustration in; attacks with a lunging swipe, more powerful than the above but easier to spot the wind-up.

3: Feral Dog - This will be an enemy common to a few levels, wherever stray dogs would typically be found; based on a doberman, this enemy will attack with either a painful nip as he trots by, or by leaping through the air toward his victim; whether it merely hurts like a bitch or knocks Amber down will depend on her Stamina.

4: Mutant Rat - This enemy has been exposed to all sorts of toxins and chemicals over many, many generations living in the sewer; the result is a rat the size of a dog that under normal circumstances would be safely disposed of by sewer workers; the spread of the gas into the sewer system has sent the creatures into a frenzy however, looking for more than simple refuse and waste! He'll work in the same manner as the dog roughly, either biting or scratching Amber when she's too close or performing a charge attack to knock her down.

5: A Nuisance enemy - I'm not entirely sure which I'd rather go with just yet, but you'll all be familiar with the idea; one hit kill, not a bother on its own but potentially irritating in groups, and very embarrassing to be defeated by! I plan to have quite a few of these in the game, each with their own adult animations, but for this first enemy I can see it either being a normal but infected rat, a giant (relatively speaking) cockroach or other similar insect, or even a mutated slug or silverfish!


Animation has been going very well for all of these enemies, bar the 5th as I haven't decided which to include yet and probably won't until it becomes more pertinent to do so (which means as soon as I've figured out what I want, basically xD); currently the Feral Dog has most of his animations complete, bar his defeat animation; the Anthro enemies both have walk cycles and attack cycles, as well as halfway completed adult animations, and initial sketches have been made of most of the nuisance creatures you heard of above. I plan to include every one I mentioned in the game by the way, I just have to decide which I'd like to show off first. 

That's it for now friends; if you're a member of FurAffinity please hop on over to my page and take a look at what I've got so far, as most of the animations I post places are uploaded there in the first place!

Link:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/sephra/

Have a lovely week everyone, here's hoping the spring brings some good weather to us all!

1 comment:

  1. I am very excited for this! I think some kind of insect for the nuisance enemy is a good idea. Cockroach comes to mind from RE2, but Silverfish might be more original.

    ReplyDelete