Thursday 22 June 2017

22/06/17

Hey everyone,

Nothing too much to report lately; work has been steadily going on, mostly focused toward the adult animations as I know that's what people are chomping at the bit to see! As such the Anthro Rat is well under way in terms of the sprite animations and CG, the feral Rat, The Female Office Worker, etc. etc. Are all getting attention, and despite the newfound difficulty of such complex and fluid motions (for a self taught person such as myself) I think I'm managing to get in a lot of fun details like boob bouncing, clothing shifting etc. and learning to do so quicker!

...Things haven't gone as fast as I'd like them to have though, it's true; life has gotten in the way a bit more than usual, family health issues and such, and more recently one of my three cats who'd been with us 10 years was hit by a car, and I only found him a few days after the fact. I'm sure fellow pet and cat lovers will attest, things like this are kind of akin to losing a family member in some senses, and it's been pretty hard on the family to lose him. Pretty hard on my work ethic too, if I'm perfectly honest.

But things are still shaping up! The lucky thing about these sprite works is, you don't necessarily need to 'feel' it like you do when drawing something, you know? If I'm in a mood to draw things go pretty well for my skill level, lines sync up, work gets done quick; but if I'm not in the mood I cannot make anything go right, no flow whatsoever, as I'm sure a lot of you can relate to. But sprite animations are more...mechanical in nature. It's all mouse/keyboard stuff, all reliant on anatomy and positioning, and while a good mood and a good flow is very helpful in getting these sprites done, it isn't a detriment as such for me to not be in an artistic mood because I can simply focus on the mechanical element of the process.

Anyway sorry, rambling, I hope this gives some clarity as to why there's been relatively little progress of late. I'd like to keep as full a disclosure about my work and my life as I can while doing this so I can show you guys my commitment to getting this done and making a career out of making fun games for people to enjoy; that does of course mean letting you guys know when I don't quite step up to the mark like I should be, but I hope it shows my commitment to keeping you all in the loop :)

Thanks everyone, more soon to follow, and as I say a lot of it will be the 'juicy' parts of the content so with luck it'll be worth the wait :)

3 comments:

  1. Any progress is progress, and I'm looking forward to seeing more content. Sorry to hear of your loss, though, even if I am two months late. : (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Zackstar! You've also reminded me to update this site too in the run up to the demo so thanks for that too xD Keep an eye out for some new stuff on here if you're interested ^^

      Delete
    2. Always looking forward to updates; been checking back every couple of days for the last few months or so!

      Delete